Repair and Pointing
Lancashire Brickwork also carries out work on stone including stonework repair and stonework pointing i.e. raise and cut, and jointed finishes. Stonework is tuck pointed rather than strap pointed as strap pointing holds water and damages the face. This is done with diamond blades to avoid uneven edges and gets straighter joints which sometimes cannot be achieved with abrasive blades. All stonework pointing is set back to allow the stone to stand out.
We can undertake partial or total re-pointing of stone buildings such as cottages and churches and also stone walls. Lime Mortar is particularly suitable for older buildings as it allows the building to weather more. We have a number of clients who have specifically requested this for colour and preference. We can match the colour of any surrounding mortar with ready mixed coloured lime mortar.
All our work is washed down and cleaned off to avoid the new mortar falling out and gives it a better key.
Stonework services include:
- Stone flags repointed.
- All chimney stonework.
- Stone copings rebedded on top of parapet walls.
- Stone halves relayed.
- Stone fireplaces built and associated works.
- Concrete stonework bays repaired and reconstructed.
- Stone walls built, rebuilt and repaired in all traditional lime mortars or sand cement.
- Stonework DPC injection for damp proofing and control and prevention of water retention in walls. Also traditional DPC in-between courses of stone.
- Renovation and pointing of stone churches.
* We strongly advise that you consult a fully qualified HETAS and Gas Safe registered engineer following any rebuilding work carried out on chimneys.